BBQ Fish Steaks
This recipe works with any fish, we used Hapuka from the Auckland fish market. We recommend using your catch of the day, because nothing is better than fish you caught yourself! Vegetable wise, any that BBQs well will work, we used capsicum, courgette and spring onion.
- Fish – We used Hapuka – any fish will do though.
- Fish rub (herbs and spices, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano)
- Fresh vegetables – we used capsicum and courgette.
For the fish;
- Scale the fish and cut it into steaks with the bone still inside.
- Coat the fish in the rub.
- On a hot BBQ brush a little olive oil and place fish steaks.
- Sear for 4 minutes on both sides or until the fish is tender and cooked through.
For the vegetables;
- Cut into thin slices and place on the BBQ.
- Brush with flavoured butter (we used garlic), grill till golden, flip, brush and cook.
- Plate up, season and if you have kids like Rob’s, serve with T Sauce…