Not the norm on a boat but a favourite of mine, when a free day mooching around the life sentence block.
4 Beef cheeks
A little olive oil rubbed in to make a binder (something to make the spices stick
Coat with Himalayan salt and white pepper
Throw into the smoker at 95C for 4 hours.
Once they have a good bark on them move them to a roasting tray, add a cup of beef stock and cover tightly with tinfoil.
Put onto the oven at 120C for another 4 hours and then turn oven off and rest for an hour.
Slice and plate up with either:
- Diced pickles (I like a mix of Sandwich stackers and jalapenos) and sesame seeds or;
- A freshly made Chimichurri
Into a whizzer throw all of below and blend to pesto consistency
- 1 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley , leaves only
- ¼ cup fresh Coriander , leaves only (if you don’t like Coriander don’t use it)
- ¼ cup fresh oregano , leaves only
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped red onion or shallots
- 3 cloves garlic , peeled
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or Maldon salt