Fish Kofte / Rossole / Goujon
Whatever name you would like to use for this, these are an easy way to use up smaller fish fillets or trims of fish.
- 500gram Fish Trim, finely diced
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko crumb (or Gluten free works just as well)
- Quarter cup of your favourite fresh herb fine chopped. Parsley and or Dill works well
- Basic seasoning of salt & pepper
- Throw it all together in a bowl, give it a good mix and hand form into small goujons.
- For a little more flavour I added lemon pepper to the mix.
- If you have the time, set goujons aside in chiller for half hour.
- To cook I shallow fry in pan turning frequently to get golden colour, around 4 minutes and done.
- Onto a paper towel to cool and drain then dredge through some Tartare and lemon juice.
In terms of Tartare sauce sometimes its just easier to take a basic supermarket product and give it a lift.
Fine dice 3 teaspoons capers, 2 tablespoons equivalent of fine diced pickled gherkins and add to one cup of supermarket Tartare sauce.
Give it a good mix, and perhaps a little fresh dill for looks and done!
Although nothing wrong with serving these with some good ol’ t sauce!