A highly underrated yet amazing beef steak cut that is great on gas or charcoal. This dish can be served with any seasonal vegetables which cook well on the BBQ. We used fresh capsicum and courgette.
- Skirt steak
- Fish Sauce
- Seasonal vegetables
- Oil, salt and pepper
For the meat;
- Place in zip lock bag with fish sauce as the marinade, leave in chiller for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and dry with a paper towel, rub in a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. (We also added a bit of paprika)
- Get the BBQ hot, and then sear 2 minutes on both sides.
- Remove from heat, wrap in foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- This cut of beef is best rare or medium rare to get the most of the texture and taste.
- Slice thinly against grain, add little more seasoning to taste, and a squeeze of lime and perhaps a dash of wholegrain mustard to the side of dish.
For the vegetables;
- Cut into thin slices and place on the BBQ.
- Brush with a little soy sauce and butter whilst on the grill.
- We cooked our capsicum until the skin blackened.
- Place cooked capsicum in ice water to remove the blackened skins.
- Serve with toasted sliced almonds or sesame seeds.