No Waste Fish balls
After a week in the winterless North, the Donley family might be a little bit over fish but Rob keeps finding new ways to cook and present it… this week we bring you, no waste fish balls, the best way to use your small fillets or trims.
- 2 Cups raw fish diced
- 1 Cup Spring Onions (or any other herbs that tickle your tender)
- 3 (or more) Cloves or Garlic peeled
- 2 tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Fish Sauce (ironic isn’t it, but adds good umami)
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
The tricky bit:
- Put the whole lot into a food processer and whizz up until mix has turned to a tight firm pulp. This can take up to 6 minutes depending on the type of fish used.
- Once the mix can be suspended without falling apart it is ready to ball.
- Ball the mix and drop into hot water for 2 minutes to set the shape.
- Now either add to your soup, pan fry or freeze to use at a later date