The trick to this recipe is keeping the fish cold after cooking it. The fish should go straight from the heat either onto ice or into the fridge/freezer – this stops the fish from cooking and leaves you with the most beautiful texture.
- Kingfish Fillets, rectangular
- Cajun Seasoning
- Soy Sauce
- Lightly cover Kingfish fillets with Cajun seasoning
- Place fillets into fridge or freezer to cool.
- Once cool, on a medium heat pan, sear kingfish for 30 seconds on each of the 4 sides.
- Take off heat and place immediately back into fridge/freezer to cool.
- Mix a tsp of wasabi with a couple of drops of soy sauce to create a paste, then add soy sauce to taste.
- Once cooled, remove kingfish from the fridge and cut into thin pieces.
- Service with Wasabi Soy Sauce and enjoy.